Here is a DIY CNC Milling machine I’ve been developing on and off for the past year. It features 20x40mm aluminium extrusions, and 12mm supported rails on the X axis for extra rigidity.
- 400x150x70mm space envelope
- Arduino and GRBL Shield controller
- 4V 6A PSU
- NEMA 17 Steppers on all axes
- T7 x 2mm leadscrew with antibacklash nuts
- 4x SBR12UU Bearings on X axis
- LM8UU on Y and Z axis
- Black and Decker router as a spindle with 6mm collet chuck
For software, I’m using Inkscape, Makercam and GCode Sender. I’m looking at Fusion 360 for more complex 3d toolpath generation.